- Welcome to a new way to advertise!
- There are a few things that are different about buying advertising on CountyNewsLIVE.com (CNL) versus old-style print advertising:
- :: Your CNL ad is seen by the same reader multiple times a day
- :: Your CNL ad is always in color (unless you prefer black & white)
- :: Many CNL ads are on front page (some are embedded in stories)
- :: Ads embedded in CNL stories ("embeds") are one of the most powerful ads we have
- :: Animated ads are available from CNL
- :: Video ads are available from CNL
- :: CNL ads can hotlink to your website
- :: Traffic data on each CNL ad is available upon request
- :: You can target a CNL ad to any one or few of our local CNL outlets, or across the CNL regional network
Another thing that is different is the way ad art is made for the web. It is NOT made the same as a print ad.
CNL designers have many years of graphic design experience and will work with you to make effective ad artwork.
COPY (TEXT) BEST DUMPED INTO BODY OF AN E-MAIL
To help us create your ad and get the fastest turn-around, please send logos, photos (preferably jpegs) and the copy (text) of your ad in an e-mail. It is best to dump the copy into the body of an e-mail, NOT AS AN ATTACHMENT.
PROFESSIONAL COPYWRITER MAKES ALL ADS SELL BETTER
If you have purchased professional ad copywriting through your CNL account executive, the copywriter will contact you to discuss the headline, "copy platform," sell copy, offer, restrictions, and more. We strongly recommend using a professional copywriter for the best ads.
If you choose to skip copywriting, please understand that graphic artists are not copywriters. There is no substitute for a professional advertising copywriter. If you choose to skip copywriting, then your CNL artist will do his or her best, but the copy will most likely not be as good as if a professional copywriter was employed.
SPANISH LANGUAGE VERSION AVAILABLE
As an option, CNL can provide an alternate version of an ad carefully written in Spanish. Ask you account executive about prices.
APPROVAL OF ADS REQUIRED
When a draft of your ad is ready, CNL will send an e-mail with your proposed artwork attached, for your mark-up or approval. No ad will be published without your approval, unless you delegate us that authority in advance, in writing. If you prefer to make your own artwork, or have an ad agency or design firm make the artwork for you, listed below are the minimum requirements for creating your own Web-ready art for CountyNewsLIVE.com advertising.
CNL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE PUBLICATION OF ANY AD for any reason, including but not limited to:
- :: Artwork that is not created consistent with CNL tech standards listed on this page
- :: Use of third party content that could potentially be a copyright or trademark infringement
- :: Excessive, annoying blinking or vibration or noise
- :: Potentially offensive content
- :: Failure to comply with payment arrangements made with account executive
BASIC SPECS FOR NON-ANIMATED STATIC ADS:
- :: File type: .jpg (JPEG) or .png (PING) Use a .png if you want a transparent background
- :: 72 ppi
- :: RGB (definitely not CMYK)
- :: Color profile: NONE (It adds unecessary bulk)
- :: "Mechanical size": See ad sizes below
- :: File size: Under 50 Kb ("button ads" under 20 Kb)
FILE TYPES NOT ACCEPTED
Please do not send .doc (MS Word), .pub (MS Publisher), .indd (Adobe InDesign), .pdf (Adobe Reader), .pic or any file other than .jpg or .png as CNL web-ready artwork. Unless prior arrangements have been made, it will be returned.
OPTIONAL: SUPPLY BACK-UP LAYERED .PSD FILES TO CNL
While the file format we require is .jpg or .png, it is also wise to send us the FINAL .psd layered file if we would be able to access type layers (not flattened). The reason for this is that you may need an older ad quickly modified (new sale date, new price). If we have the layered .psd file in our files, we can usually make that change very quickly and publish the ad very quickly.
CNL PREFERRED SOFTWARE PLATFORMS
CNL Creative Services designers are centered on the following software applications:
- :: Drupal content management system (CMS)
- :: Adobe Photoshop
- :: Adobe Premiere & After Effects
- :: Adobe Flash Professional
- :: Apple Final Cut Pro and Final Cut Express (and if needed, iMovie 11)
ANIMATED AND VIDEO ADS
If you are wanting to submit an animated ad (animated GIF or FLASH), please call (573) 252-4639. But NOTE: If you create an animated GIF, it must loop indefinitely. If it loops a specified, limited number of times, it will not play properly in our Drupal CMS.
AD SIZES ("MECHANICALS"): WIDTH x DEPTH
Last revised Sep. 2011
Box Ad-Floating/Fixed - (front page button) 180 x 150 pix
(links to a splash if desired & then to a website)
Skyscraper. . . . 180 x 600 pix
Leaderboard. . . .728 x 90 pix
Top Dog. . . . . .234 x 90 pix (next to Leaderboard)
Article Embed. . .300 x 250 pix
Splash or Center Column. . .560 x 350 pix MAXIMUM, can be smaller
CLIENT-GENERATED ERRORS, LOW-QUALITY SOURCE ARTWORK
CNL does not fix, nor is CNL responsible for, typos in client supplied copy or art. We do not re-draw fuzzy logos for free. We will try to retouch photos, within reason.
CNL BLUE (OPTIONAL)
If you (at your option) want to use the hue of blue that dominates the CNL design, the HTML code for the color is "027ac6." The first character there is a zero, not the letter "O."
COPYRIGHTS AND TRADEMARKS
Do not submit ads that have any degree of copyright or trademark infringement. If you or your agency submits an ad that infringes on a third party's copyright or trademark, the advertiser agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and if necessary defend in court CNL.
AD PUBLICATION DATES AND TIMES
We do not guarantee posting times,
only dates. We will post your ad for the contracted days agreed upon. Center column ads will post toward the top once each day they are purchased and will then fall off the page as the news or new ads push it off the front page.
If you have any questions about our ad specs - click here
CNL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR UPDATING AGENCIES, FREELANCERS
It is the sole responsibility of any agency, designer, or freelancer to check this page for changes in our terms, including our ad specs. CNL accepts no responsibility whatsoever for informing third parties of updates to our terms or specs. It is the agency's or freelancer's responsibility to check for the latest terms and specs.
If you do not understand any of our terms or specifications, please let us create the artwork for you, or simply ask. These are industry-standard specs. If we have to alter your work to fit the specs, a minimum charge of $10.00 will apply...perhaps more.
QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR AD CONTRACT?
Please contact your account executive.
Becky Campbell (Gasconade-Montgomery Counties)
Brian Chorley (Warren County)
Ed Farrar (Lincoln County)
Brian Stalcup (Sales Manager, General Manager)
Feedback to the owner?
Jeff Noedel (Founder, Publisher)